Friday, February 27, 2009

Dear Smedley


"Dear Smedley,

How are things in The big city? I hope that this letter finds you in good health. I should be back home in about three months. I will call you when I return. We'll have some drinks and talk.

I've spoken to mother and she said that, as of late, you have been too busy to stop by. You should go and see her. Please check in on her at least once every two weeks.

As for me, I am in the Mexican state of Chihuahua visiting an archeological site called Paquime' it is more commonly known as Casas Grandes. It was one of the largest precolumbian trading centers in North America for hundreds of years.

The people here are extremely friendly and hospitable. I went to a local shamen woman who cleansed me by blowing smoke over my body and whipping me with a clutch of leafy branches. She sang some incantations and lit some candles. Strangely, I felt better afterward.

The travel journal will be pleased with my discoveries. I hope to earn my next trip with some interesting material. The photo I sent was taken by our photography intern Allison. She is a sweety.

I miss you Smedley. tell mother I miss her too. I'll be writing again soon. Wish you could be here with me.
Your loving brother,
Mason"

I love Mason but he doesn't realize that he is a writer and I'm just an IT guy. He always makes me feel so guilty about my poor communication skills. This blog is an exercise in communication for me. I can only hope that I get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment