Monday, July 6, 2009

Interviewing Prospective Roommates


At the coffee shop last night, I met up with a few candidates who responded to my room for rent advertisement. Some of them were just a little on the weird side.

The first interview went well but the guy just wouldn't stop talking about cage fighting. I decided to eliminate him on the grounds that he may be inclined to pummel people with whom he disagrees. It may not sound fair but I just didn't want to take a chance on that.

One fella that responded had tattoos all over. Even his face was covered. That wouldn't have bothered me too much, but he also had spent a few years in prison.

Another candidate spoke no English whatsoever. He only spoke Chinese. I wouldn't have minded that either but I was a little worried about communicating boundaries and such.

Thankfully, I met with Gerard. He was perfect. He was clearly a gentleman, and he's well-read. He seemed like a really good guy and we have loads in common. he is very interested in environmentalism. We like similar music and He plays the same video games as me.

After meeting him I canceled the last two appointments.

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap Jono these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your comics are awesome. I love your characters. I'm definitely going to add you to my Blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John! I just ran across your work the other day. I think your comics are great. I'll be spending some time catching up with your work. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete