Friday, May 22, 2009

Letters


I was headed back to the apartment. I checked the mail and got tons of junk mail. There was, however one important letter; a letter from Mason.

My Brother has it made. He gets to travel the world and write about it. What a lucky bastard.

"Smedley,

These last few weeks have been difficult. I'm sure that you've heard of the swine flu, aka H1N1. Well let's just say I've been hold up in a hotel room for the last couple of weeks. The directors at the journal finally informed me that I can leave my room.

I have been in contact with my former Professor, Dr. Gerard who lives in the Santa Fe district in Mexico City. The streets were still a bit quieter than normal. They said that during the worst of the epidemic the streets were abandoned, and if you've ever seen Mexico City, that would be a bizarre sight.

I finally met with Dr. Gerard and we had some espresso together. It seems that the pandemic has not dampened the hospitality of the people here because Dr. Gerard generously invited me to stay at his home until I depart next week.

I hope this letter finds you in good spirits Smedley. I'm off to Cambodia next week. Until then,
your loving brother,
Mason"

I should write him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment