Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wat Phnom

On the way home, mother called and asked me to come eat at her place. I told her that I had just eaten, but I'd like to see her. She suggested that I come over the next evening and have a home cooked meal. I happily agreed.

The next evening I paid her a visit and we had a wonderful dinner. We talked about all kinds of things. She was making me feel very good about my situation, telling me stories about when my father was out of work and the couple of times we had to make due during strikes.

All was going well until she pulled out Mason's post card. After that, she just wouldn't stop talking about him. I love Mason, but jeepers, Mother is a fanatic. For her, he's the messiah. Favoritism doesn't begin to explain how Mother fawns over him.

Anyway, His letter read,

"Dearest Mother,
Finally arrived in Phnom Penh. Soon I will be visiting Angkor & the countryside. This picture is me at Wat Phenom. It is the most important temple structure in Phnom Penh & dates to about 1300 C.E. Fascinating place so far & the people here are just wonderful. I'll write again soon.
Love, Mason"

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one. I also like how your mother calls you Smed-E.

    ReplyDelete